[kde-linux] LCD weather widget not finding noaa stations

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:47:33 UTC 2012

Duncan wrote:
> Dale posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 04:32:06 -0600 as excerpted:
>
>> When I type in the name of my city, the only thing that comes up is
>> wettercom.  There is NO NOAH stations at all.  While wettercom does
>> report some info, it doesn't report it all and I might add, it is not
>> accurate at times.  When I could use NOAH, which I think was last
>> available here in KDE3, it worked great.
>>
>> I don't know what happened to the NOAH settings but I sure wish I could
>> get it back.
>>
>> I'm on 4.9.4 which is the latest in the tree.  No overlays here.
> I assume you left the name of your city vague on purpose (sensitive
> personal information posted on the net and all that), or I'd check the
> results I get here for it.
>
> I don't have time to investigate ATM as I'm headed for work in a few, but
> I'd suggest you try with a clean user config, and see if that gives you
> better results.  If my earlier theory is correct and they changed
> formats, it may be that the old settings are somehow interfering with
> display of all possibilities.
>
> FWIW, I believe all the weather plasmoids use a common kde backend
> weather service, so unless the plasmoid screwed up how its using that,
> all weather plasmoids should have the same city listings, and if it's
> screwed for one it's probably screwed for all.  The different plasmoids
> simply display the results a bit differently.

I can get you close enough tho.  Try Tupelo, MS.  It's a little ways off
but it doesn't work at all, just like where I live.  lol  I tried a
couple other towns in other states, some of them have NOAH and wettercom
settings.  So, it appears that cities close to me are just not on some
sort of list.  Hmmmmm, may be a whole new problem here.

Where is the config file?  I'll delete that thing and give it a fresh
start.  It's not like it is going to hurt anything since it doesn't work
now anyway.

Still think I need a hammer.  o_O

Dale

:-)  :-)