[kde-linux] Dolphin config

Alain Mouette alainm at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 14:45:42 UTC 2012

The problem is that after TWO days trying (that for the last time
alone), I could not make Plasma work in any relyable way. So I gave up.
tha was on a brand new Lenovo Notebook, no OpenGL at the time.

BUT KDE4 programs are very good, It dosn't look like being made by the
same team!!! Dolphin is the best navigator in existence today!

I am using Dolphim, Konsole, Kwrite, Kate on Gnome+Debian6 and it runs
really great.

What I want to do is just What I had on old KDE3:
*) When I open a program (dolphin/kate/konsole) as root, the backgroud
is red
*) when I open a remote server the background is in distinct colors,
like green, yellow, blue, etc..

That practice did save my ass many times avoing *mistakes* (yes I do
that sometimes...)

On KDE3 I had a combination of profiles and setups to that purpose!!!

Is there a way to achieve that? I have seen a feature request on
background and it is labeled a preposterous WONT...

Please help,
Alain