[kde-linux] debian wheezy : kde nvidia - nouveau

Peter Catchlove pcatchlove at t-online.de
Fri Aug 3 18:18:53 UTC 2012

Duncan -

many thanks for your advice. At the moment it looks a bit too sophisticated
for me to follow - though I may give it a try tomorrow when my head is
clearer!

I used to think myself the nvidia was pretty opensource friendly : their
drivers worked well with me (much better than nouveau) for many years. It's
the same now with flash and googleearth : keeping them running on my system is
taking more-and-more of my time (in fact I haven't been able to restore
googleearth for weeks now).  If commercial enterprises are prepared to port
their stuff to linux, I don't understand why one has to snub them.

thanks again
Peter