[kde-linux] Okular as djvu to pdf converter?

Frank K frankk at oregoncoast.com
Sun Apr 15 02:31:09 UTC 2012

Hello list!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Okular would open a djvu file,
but disappointed to find Okular would only print the first two pages to
a pdf file!

My P4 system has OpenSuse Linux 12.1 with kernel 3.1.9-1.4-default. I'm
using Lxde as my desktop but I also have KDE Platform Version 4.7.2
(4.7.2) "release 5".

I just updated my Okular and added the E-book plugin. My Okular is now
at Version 0.13.2. It prints to file properly for things like pdf pages
out of larger pdf files.

So what should I do about this behavior? This seems to be an
inconsistency I want to report, but maybe the consequence would be to
make Okular ignore djvu files. If so I would rather leave things as they
are!

My djvu file is about 4MB and has about 120 technical pages describing
an oscilloscope including schematics. Okular displays them all nicely.
Should I leave well enough alone?

Frank K