[kde-linux] KDE-4.8 and HAL

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 00:56:45 UTC 2012

James Tyrer wrote:
> I was upgrading my system (Linux From Scratch is my distro) and I find
> that the new version does not include HAL.
>
> Does KDE-4.8 have any specific requirements for HAL, or can it use the
> FreeDesktop replacements for HAL?
>
> I am not currently using HAL because trying to start it locks up my system.

I don't think KDE has been using hal for a long time.  I actually
disabled the thing on mine since it never worked.  Anyway, the new and
improved tool is polkit.  So far, I have had no troubles with it.  Given
the issues I always run into with things breaking, if it works for me,
it should be a dream come true for you.  lol

That info help?

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!