[kde-linux] "Dir Filter" has gone missing in 4.7.3 +

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 17 05:37:17 UTC 2011

When I open Konqueror to a directory, there is no filter icon or filter
window.

So, I went to "Settings -> Configure Toolbars" and I find:

     Extra Toolbar <DirFilter>
     Filter Toolbar <DirFilter>

I note that the 2nd one is WRONG.  It should be:

     Location Toolbar <DirFilter>

But, I don't think that that is the issue here.  The problem is that
when I open the dialog box for either of these that the only thing
listed is:

     --- separator ---

The icon and the window are not listed.

Perhaps I made an installation error, or changed something in my user
tree for 4.6.x, so I tried a new test user and had the same problem.

Does anyone (e.g. Duncan) have any idea what the problem is.  This
worked fine with 4.6.x.

Is there perhaps some additional code that I need to install?

I retrieved the code: "kde-baseapps/konq-plugins" from the new location:

     https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kde-baseapps/

     git://anongit.kde.org/kde-baseapps

But, is there more: "konq-plugins" code somewhere else?

The lack of this really makes a LARGE difference in usability especially
when you are used to using it. :-(

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch