[kde-linux] Problems building Ktorrent from it's repository.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Nov 8 00:16:58 UTC 2011

George R Goffe posted on Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:49:44 -0800 as excerpted:

> I've been having trouble building Ktorrent from it's repository since I
> upgraded my system from FC14-x86 to FC14-x86_64.
>
> The build complains about automoc4 being at the wrong level but I
> resolved that problem. I renamed the automoc4 binary in /usr/bin just to
> test and the symptom did not change. It's like the build process doesn't
> even use that binary. There does not seem to be any other automoc
> binaries on this system.
>
> I made a case with the developer who suggested upgrading automoc4 and
> closed the case.

The tarball may ship with its own automoc binary, but use the rest of the
package on the system.  Here on gentoo, there's also three files in
/usr/lib(64?)/automoc4, which is a directory.

FWIW, I'm on gentoo/~amd64 (~ means testing), and have automoc-0.9.88
installed.