[kde-linux] Re: Kate templates

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue May 31 06:23:09 UTC 2011

Thomas Taylor posted on Tue, 31 May 2011 18:47:40 -0700 as excerpted:

> Is there a way to set up Kate to use a single template to set both the
> normal and printing fonts without having to go into "settings >
> configure kate" each time I create a new document?
>
> In /home/tom/.kde4/share/config/kateschemarc the printing and normal are
> separate categories.  Is there a way to change both at the same time?

sed?

Or if you're not the command-line stream-editor (sed) type, search-and-
replace using a normal text editor?  (You may have to use something other
than kate or kwrite, which uses the same config file, since you're editing
kate's config and it might overwrite as it closes... or not, I don't know.)