[kde-linux] Re: OT multi-head: desktop settings per monitor

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at googlemail.com
Sun May 15 18:07:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

please see below.

2011/5/9 Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net>:
> On 2011/05/09 11:07 (GMT+0200) Kevin Krammer composed:
> Right, HTML formatting, plus two full copies of the actual message -> an
> email message, plus a web page, multiplied by the subscriber count. HTML is
> the spammer, Outhouse and Outbreak Excess way to send "email".

When sending business emails, it's crucial to be able to send tables,
headings etc. Maybe that's not the case in your business, but in a lot
of other peoples' it definitely is. So by flaming against HTML emails,
you are actually working against KDE email clients to be used in
business, and you're scaring off average desktop users who regard HTML
email as a totally normal means of electronic communication. There's a
whole world out there who doesn't see any problem here.

I don't think you need to worry about other peoples' security, and by
having your own email client view the text-only part of multi-part
emails, you probably take good care of your own.

So what's really the problem here?

> Plus, the formatting and both copies of the message display in the digests,
> swelling them, and making using them difficult.
>
>>,  depending what the receipient prefers.

I understood these worries back in the time of mailbox email sending
in the late 80's. But what's the the problem with this in times of
youtube?