[kde-linux] Re: help, kde 4.6 desktop very very slow

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun May 8 08:33:58 UTC 2011

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez posted on Sat, 07 May 2011 16:20:39 -0500 as
excerpted:

> Wow, finally found the culprit!
>
> It turned out I had this variable set in my ~/.bashrc
>
> export __GL_FSAA_MODE=7
>
> According to nvidia documentation it should be equivalent to:
>
> nvidia-settings --assign FSAA=7
>
> but it seems it isn't.
>
> After commenting out the offending line my system runs completely
> smooth.

Thanks for the update!  I don't do proprietary (see the sig) so wouldn't
have even pretended to know about the nvidia thing, but it is worth noting
that while I had assumed a kde setting problem, the first step of testing
a new $KDEHOME proved that assumption incorrect, so one then falls back to
another plan, possibly bisecting the whole $HOME.

And apparently you did fall back, and eventually found and fixed the
problem.  Good for you! =:^)