[kde-linux] Re: help, kde 4.6 desktop very very slow

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Sat May 7 19:41:59 UTC 2011

Thanks for your response Duncan,

The upgrade is not an issue anymore because in a moment of desperation
I formated the root partition and reinstalled  opensuse.  The version
of kde shipped with it is 4.6.0.

Also I tried deleting the ~/.kde4 folder and nothing happened.

Deleting ~/.local caused something interesting to occur:   the first
few seconds after loading the desktop, the system was very responsive
(I thought the issue was resolved), but after some more seconds the
problem begun again.

Examining a newly created ~/.local, the only interesting thing I see
is akonadi's folder in ~/.local/share/akonadi.  Within it there are
several files and folders that appears to belong to mysql.

Regards,

  Juan Pablo