[kde-linux] Re: bluetooth on acer aspire one d255

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat May 7 10:54:53 UTC 2011

yahoo-pier_andreit posted on Sat, 07 May 2011 09:48:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> Il 06/05/2011 18:14, yahoo-pier_andreit ha scritto:
>> I have an acer aspire one d255, it comes with android and windows7, I
>> installed also suse 11.4, everithing seems to works but bluetooth, in
>> android BT works, so I wander it doesn't in linux suse 11.4, have you
>> some hints?
>> thnx :-)
>
> digging it seems to be this device:
> vendor 0489 (Foxconn / Hon Hai), product e02c (Atheros AR5BBU12
> bluetooth device)

Hi.  This is a kde list, not an OpenSuSE list.  The chances of getting
good OpenSuSE specific help are going to be better on OpenSuSE specific
lists/forums.

That said, while I don't have a machine with bluetooth and don't run
OpenSuSE (I'm a Gentooer), a bit of googling suggests that while Linux
support for that device exists, it's relatively new (February/March of
this year), and may well not be in the kernel OpenSuSE ships, yet.  You
may have to run a newer, testing kernel, or build your own from source, in
ordered to get support.  It's likely you'll need to wait for support in
2.6.39 (upstream release probably in June) or even 2.6.40 (probably
September), however, as the google results I saw didn't indicate it was in
the upstream kernel, yet.  It's thus possible that OpenSuSE won't support
it with their kernels until the next release, but again, I'd urge you to
ask on the OpenSuSE lists or forums, as I don't know their schedule or
update policy, and it's possible I'm missing support in existing
alternative drivers or am otherwise off base.