[kde-linux] Re: Getting rid of irritating CPU-sucking parasites...?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:36:19 UTC 2011

Duncan wrote:
> Duncan posted on Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:39:22 +0000 as excerpted:
>

>> Well, it's rather complicated.  I had started explaining it but was like
>> 200 lines in with no end in sight, so I scrapped that try and started
>> over.  Let's see if I can do better now, just dealing with that bit of
>> it.
>>
> Well that one ended up 230 lines, but that's still better, as obviously,
> at 200 lines, the end was certainly in sight.  Plus I explained it way
> better this time than last.  That first try... more or less ended up in
> the weeds with no way out, and even then, missed aspects this one
> covered.  Like I said, 200 lines and no end in sight.  It was a dumper for
> sure!

I'm glad you explained the kdepim situation.  I never could understand
it until I read your post.  Now, it makes sense.

I'm glad they learned not to push unstable stuff out and dropping the
working stuff prematurely like they did with the switch from KDE3 to
KDE4.  I always said, if they do that again, I'm finding a new desktop.
I like KDE a LOT but I want something that works.  KDE4 just was not
ready when it was released.

Thanks for explaining that so well.

Dale

:-)  :-)