[kde-linux] Re: Request for multiple monitor xorg.conf files?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 28 00:42:17 UTC 2011

Duncan posted on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:30:47 +0000 as excerpted:

> Mark Knecht posted on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:30:38 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>> If anyone has a few minutes to forward me a working xorg.conf
>
> I sent a reply to the list, but using a new and rather experimental
> feature of pan that I've never tried before.

OK, thanks to a chance hint from someone on the pan list (who had no clue
I had the umask set as described below, but he gave me the necessary hint
about the created directory) I found the problem.

The new file-posting feature uses a newly created cache dir.  All fine
and good, except that out of an abundance of caution, I have pan's umask
set to strip the executable bit, which it did creating the new directory
as well.  Only on directories, the executable bit means something else
entirely (permission to work with the files within), so pan couldn't
create the files in its new cache, or work with them if they somehow were
created.

I just set the execute bit on that directory manually, so we'll see how
it goes now. New followup coming as soon as I compose it.  =:^)