[kde-linux] KDE multiple desktop effects vs NVidia TwinView/normal 2-head xorg.conf

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:08:15 UTC 2011

Hi,
   I've been using an xorg.conf built around NVidia TwinView which
combines two monitors into a single screen. This has worked very well
for me. Two effects I appreciate quite a lot are

1) Ctrl-F8 showing me all 6 desktops I have setup

2) Drag my mouse to upper left corner which shows all running apps in
a single desktop allowing me to choose one

To use that setup I have to disable the xinerama USE flag on the Gentoo ebuilds.

   Yesterday I decide to create a more standard, non-TwinView
xorg.conf file. I got that working with the xinerama USE flag enabled
and found that neither of the two feature above seemed to work at all.

   Questions:

1) Should these features have stopped working? (I believe not...)

2) Does someone have a working xorg.conf file for a 2+ head system
using NVidia that supports these features?

Thanks,
Mark