[kde-linux] Cannot Change Button Style in KDE Applications

Pascal Hasko Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:33:40 UTC 2011

Hey all,

since there is no reply on my first mail on this topic, I'll just post
this again, hoping that someone will find the time to respond:

recently KDE was upgraded to 4.6.3 on my Debian unstable. I'm working
under a GNOME environment but use some KDE applications.
Unfortunately, since the upgrade KDE programs use the GTK+ buttons not
the KDE ones as I had configured them to do before. I checked in
"SystemSettings" and changed the button design to another theme, it
actually was on GTK+style (tried it will all designs available),
restarted the KDE applications and even rebooted, but I still have the
GTK+ buttons as in my GNOME programs. So I looked under the
GNOME/Metacity settings whether there is an option activated the
overrides the settings of other desktop environments, but could not
find anything. Can someone give me a hint where to look and what to do?
Does anybody else have the same problem?

Thanks for your help,

Pascal
Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Straße 7