[kde-linux] sound problem

James bjlockie at lockie.ca
Wed Jun 8 04:08:14 UTC 2011

I have KDE-4.6.3.
When I have 2 tabs in Dolphin and try to close the window, I get a
warning sound.
Test for all output devices listed under Computer/System Settings/Phonon
don't produce sound.
default - the audio playback service default does not work. Falling back
to default
HDA NVidia #1
HDA NVidia

Amarok sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Dragon player is also sometimes.
Vlc never works.

There used to be a command line wrapper for aRts, is there one for Phonon?

Audacity says "No devices found" when I try to set the output playback
device in the preferences.

kscd says "the audio playback service default does not work. Falling
back to default".

Does Phonon use udev?