[kde-linux] amarok crashes at launch because of user config

Mario Storti mario.storti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 19:31:33 UTC 2011

Hi all.

Since yesterday I jave amarok crashing immediately after I launch it. I don't
remember to have made some change related to amarok, but I did a lot of
changes in the last days so I'm not completely sure.

. I can play sound without problems, for instance with JuK or YouTube&Chrome.

. Output of amarok --debug doesn't tell me too much (full log is here
http://pastebin.com/uGWix2dv):

[mstorti at galileo ~]$ amarok --debug --nofork
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a
valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means
you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component
was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
amarok: BEGIN: App::App()
amarok:   BEGIN: void App::continueInit()
amarok:     BEGIN: EngineController::EngineController()
amarok:     END__: EngineController::EngineController() [Took: 0s]
amarok:     BEGIN: void EngineController::initializePhonon()
amarok:       [EngineController] Tick Interval (actual):  100
amarok:     END__: void EngineController::initializePhonon() [Took: 0.38s]
amarok:     BEGIN: virtual int App::newInstance()
amarok:       BEGIN: static void App::handleCliArgs()
amarok:       END__: static void App::handleCliArgs() [Took: 0s]
amarok:     END__: virtual int App::newInstance() [Took: 0s]
.... [MORE COMMANDS HERE] ...
amarok:       BEGIN: void ScriptManager::configChanged(bool)
amarok:         BEGIN: bool ScriptManager::slotRunScript(const QString&, bool)
amarok:           BEGIN: void ScriptManager::startScriptEngine(const QString&)
amarok:             [ScriptManager] start script engine: "Librivox.org"
amarok:             BEGIN:
ScriptableServiceScript::ScriptableServiceScript(QScriptEngine*)
amarok:             END__:
ScriptableServiceScript::ScriptableServiceScript(QScriptEngine*)
[Took: 0s]
amarok:           END__: void ScriptManager::startScriptEngine(const
QString&) [Took: 0s]
amarok:           BEGIN: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&)
amarok:             importing qt bindings  "qt.core"
amarok:           END__: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&) [Took:
0.038s]
amarok:           BEGIN: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&)
amarok:             importing qt bindings  "qt.xml"
amarok:           END__: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&) [Took:
0.14s]
amarok:           BEGIN: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&)
amarok:             importing qt bindings  "qt.network"
amarok:           END__: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&) [Took:
0.009s]
amarok:           BEGIN: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&)
amarok:             importing qt bindings  "qt.gui"
amarok:           END__: bool
AmarokScript::ScriptImporter::loadQtBinding(const QString&) [Took:
0.058s]
KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/kde4/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/mstorti/.kde/socket-galileo/kdeinit4__0

. If I change user, I can use amarok without problems.

. So it seems that there is a problem with my config! I tried to erase
  ~/.kde/shares/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/config/amarok*rc and also
/var/tmp/kdecache-USER
  but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

TIA, Mario

--
Mario Alberto Storti     [cel. +54-342-155122135]
Home: +54-342-4550193, e-mail: mario.storti at gmail.com
http://www.cimec.org.ar/mstorti