[kde-linux] Problem removing item from panel

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 07:43:14 UTC 2011

Hi all;

I'm having a problem removing a widget from the panel.  The widget I'm trying
to remove is the weather service from the available panel widgets.  After
dragging it to the panel it does not show up there but is now missing from the
available widgets.  It did get installed as it asked me for configuration info
which it apparently accepted.

Today, shortly after the user screen was displayed, the error message "Weather
information retrieval information for Seattle/Boeing Fld, WA timed out" (view
screenshot @ http://pastebin.com/Yk5GkVdj (KDE-panel-error1).  As the
screenshot shows, there is no weather icon.

So is there any way of removing this non-displaying icon from the panel without
deleting the panel and building a new one?  This is while running in openSuSE
11.3 with KDE 4.4.4 (rel3).

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin