[kde-linux] mounting fixed and removable devices

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Jan 14 16:21:49 UTC 2011

We have a little issue with this devices:

Klicking in Lancelot "Computer", the fixed and the removable devices are displayed. However, I only can mount the removable devices. Attempting to mount one of the fixed devices we get
------------------
Fixed:
The requested device can not be accessed.
Details
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.PermissionDenied: Device has /dev/sdb5 volume.ignore set to TRUE. Refusing to mount.
We presume, that we have to set the /dev/sdb5 volume.ignore to FALSE. The question is, where do we find this setting ?

Thanks in advance for an indication.

By the way, Dolphin do not even shows the fixed devices.

Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>
GPG Key ID:AD5C6F70