[kde-linux] multi-head: desktop settings per monitor

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 12:02:42 UTC 2011

I configured X to get multiple monotors on my laptop. It works nicely with KDE. But one day, I had to switch runlevel from 4 to 3 and back from 3 to 4, then when I booted with both monitors the desktops where reversed between the two screens. The wallpaper and widgets set on the LVDS jumped to the VGA-0 and those of the VGA-0 to the LVDS.
I think the matter is not very serious and it should simple to solve so as to restore the original configuration. But for now i don't know which files should I have to touch.