[kde-linux] Re: Disable trackpad for one user account?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Feb 24 10:48:05 UTC 2011

Thomas Taylor posted on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:48:22 -0800 as excerpted:

> Which version of KDE is this for?  In most recent versions the touchpad
> can be disabled on a per user basis by having that user go to "Configure
> Desltop > Keyboard & Mouse (Input in 4.x)", selecting touchpad and click
> on the appropriate button.

??  Configure desktop (I assume that's what you misspelled)??  I see from
your sig that you use openSuSE, maybe that's an openSuSE thing?  KDE4 as-
shipped (and as Gentoo at least packages, given a policy of staying close
to upstream) has system-settings (which aren't system-settings at all for
the most part, the kde3 name kcontrol was far more accurate as it's mostly
user-specific kde control settings), and with 4.6 at least, there's a
"Desktop Settings" I believe originating as the default name of the
desktop activity layout, but no "Configure Desktop" to be seen.  (I know
4.5 changed the kcontrol layout tho, and 4.6 has continued activity
changes, so it might have been in pre-4.5, but I still don't recall
anything having to do with disabling a touchpad??)

I've never seen this option or at least never /recall/ seeing it, the
reason I'm asking about it, as I'd have likely seen it given my
exploration of configuration options.  Are you sure it's not an openSuSE
thing instead of a kde thing (this being the kde list, of course)?  If
it's kde, please provide any additional information possible, as I like to
be aware of my options and would like to see it.