[kde-linux] Re: Digital clock day & date

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 08:22:20 UTC 2011

On 02/11/2011 02:00 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:33:16 -0700
> James Tyrer<jrtyrer at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 02/10/2011 12:58 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:

>>> I don't use 4.6 yet but in 4.4.4 that setting is located in "Configure
>>> Desktop
>>>    >   General>   Regional&   Language>   Country/Region&   Language>   Time&
>>>    >   General>  Dates"
>>>    where you can select items that match your criteria.
>> Yes, you can select the desired long date format in System Settings, but
>> it doesn't have any effect on the format that the clock uses.
>>
> Works fine on my system (specs in signature).  This image shows my clock but
> with 24 hour display selected:

The problem is the failure of the Digital Clock date to follow the "Long
date format" as selected in System Settings (as modified by options for
the Digital Clock settings).  Since I have:

     WEEKDAY MONTH dD YYYY

my system was not working correctly before I patched it -- I had the
same format as you did.  Because it was showing the same as yours.  Your
format would be:

SHORTWEEKDAY DD SHORTMONTH

Is that what you have selected in System Settings?

James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch