[kde-linux] Re: Digital clock day & date

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 02:26:30 UTC 2011

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:24:48 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Thursday, February 10, 2011 03:35:48 am Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>
> wrote:
>> Jerome Yuzyk posted on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 03:07:31 -0700 as excerpted:
>> > How do you get the date displayed on the analog clock?
>>
>> In general, just hover over it and see the popup, or click on it and
>> get the calendar.
>
> I know it pops up but I wanted a permamnet display that I can see
> without touching anything - I know the digital clocks have it.
>
> I have fiddled with the SVGZ of the clock I use now - am I perhaps
> missing some layers that would display the date?

I don't believe so.  As I said, I don't have it here, and use yasp-
scripted for my at-a-glance date display.

FWIW, however, fiddling with the clock for this thread, I did discover
something new.  I'm not sure if this is available with 4.5 and earlier,
but at least with 4.6, if you click the clock and get the calender, and
you have widgets unlocked, you can then fiddle with (I don't know exactly
what triggers it, a click on the calender icon, a drag... something) the
calender and get it to appear as a new calender widget, independent of the
clock!  I think it might be available in the add-widgets dialog as well,
but wasn't aware it could be added from the clock's calendar popup.

Whether the calendar widget does what you want or not I don't know, but
it's another option, at least, and I did find it interesting that I could
convert the popup into a calendar widget, even if here, with the yasp-
scripted display already, I decided the extra desktop clutter wasn't worth
the additional data available on the calendar widget, so deleted it after
playing with it a bit.