[kde-linux] Upgrade to KDE-4.8 not going well

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 27 23:52:13 UTC 2011

On 12/27/2011 05:19 AM, Duncan wrote:
> James Tyrer posted on Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:49:21 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>> [root at localhost 4.8]# svn checkout
>> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin
>>
>> svn: URL 'svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin' doesn't
>> exist
>>
>> Does anyone know if the server is down, or what.  It appears to work
>> when I "up" my previously checked out 4.7 SVN modules.
>
> Are you sure that's the right svn URL?  I have rc1, not live-branch,
> installed, but if I'm reading the gentoo/kde overlay ebuilds correctly,
> they use:
>
> svn/://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin
>
> IOW, try inserting a (lowercase) kde/ in the path between home/ and
> branches/.
>
> (FWIW, it wasn't exactly easy to figure that out, either, as the path
> used multiple variable substitutions and I had to figure out where each
> one was defined... with no direct "admin" defined anywhere, so I had to
> find the defaults... across multiple functions defined across four
> different ebuild/eclass script files!)

This is indeed strange.  I thought that I copied it from "svn info" from
my version 4.7 tree -- changing 4.7 to 4.8.  But, it appears that I
simply copied it wrong.

It appears that my Christmas cold may be the flu as it does appear to be
giving me a case of brain fog.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch