[kde-linux] Building KDEPIM 4.7 from the GIT repository

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 23:56:26 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 02:16 PM, James Tyrer wrote:
> For several weeks building KDEPIM from GIT "origin/KDE/4.7" has failed
> with this error:
>
> /usr/GIT/KDE/kdepim/messagecomposer/akonadisender.cpp:138: error:
> reference to 'Message' is ambiguous
>
> However the tag v4.7.3 builds OK, indicating that the source was broken
> since release 4.7.3 was tagged. Now, release 4.7.4 has been tagged and
> it will not build.

I have to say that although I probably would have written: "util.cpp"
differently (in the namespace Message::Util to match util.h), I have not
been able to find an error.  I note that I am not a C++ expert -- I do
not like the language.  But, it must either be a very subtle error or a
compiler bug.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch