[kde-linux] Selection Markers in Folder View.

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 20:05:50 UTC 2011

Is there any way to get rid of those circled "+" & "-" signs in a Folder
View.  It is very easy in Konqueror: just uncheck the box: "File
Management -> General -> Show selection marker"

I perceive this as more of the Plasma hubris.  They don't think that
anyone wouldn't want this great feature.  However with small icons on a
small screen it makes it DAMN hard to click on an icon without hitting
the Selection Marker instead.  I also do not see why I would want to
select a '*.desktop" file' when I am trying to open an application by
clicking the icon on the DeskTop Folder View.

That other marker to display a really tiny view of the directory isn't a
good idea either.  The center mouse button appears to be available and
would be much better.  That tiny view of the directory should really be
larger.  A stripped down version (features not needed for this use
removed) of the KDE File Selector would be much better (but it wouldn't
be Plasma, then, would it -- ARGH!).

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch