[kde-linux] order of System Tray icons

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Dec 15 17:27:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, December 15, 2011 08:02:28 AM Pablo Sanchez
<pablo at blueoakdb.com> wrote:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>
> On 12/15/2011 07:58 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > What determines the order of icons in the System Tray?
>
> Howdy,
>
> From what I've observed, it's when the process places itself in the
> tray.
>
> Perhaps if you ran a script which serially started the System Tray
> items, you'd get a consistent placement.

I start most of these things by hand in the same order. Even though I start
KMail as one of the last trayable items, it nudges itself into the first or
second position usually. I don't start the volume control at all, and it
puts itself in the last position. And on it goes... All of the items are
visible full-time.