[kde-linux] Retain Favorites menu through upgrade to 4.7

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:44:11 UTC 2011

Hi,
   Gentoo has pushed the KDE-4.7 update to stable. I've got a couple
of older (in the 80's) users who don't respond well to losing their
Favorites menu post a new KDE upgrade. This has happened on the
previous two upgrades.

   I'm wondering how I can migrate their current settings forward
efficiently through this current set of builds? Is the Favorites menu
saved in an editable file somewhere?

   I've got a couple of machines here locally which I'd like to do the
testing on. The two users I'm speaking about are hundreds of miles
aways so having this go correctly saves me a LOT of driving to fix the
problems should they arise.

Thanks in advance,
Mark