[kde-linux] Re: Kpatience not closing correctly when logging out.

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Sun Apr 24 10:39:53 UTC 2011

Dale writes:

> I think some developers are on this list as well so I wanted to post
> here first.  When I logout of KDE 4.6.2 and Kpatience is open, I get a
> error that it closed unexpectingly and it doesn't logout until I click
> close on the error box.  I usually am around long enough to click it but
> sometimes I logout as I am walking off.  This causes me to be logged in
> until I get back.  It appears Kpatience thinks it has crashed instead of
> just being closed out.  I know this was the case since 4.6 came out but
> I think it did it in 4.5 as well.  That has been a while so I'm not
> positive.
>
> Is this a bug or something else?

Probably a bug, but in what part of KDE?

I never used kpatience (I'll try thsi when I log out next time, which might
take a while), but I see the same behaviour with kmymoney, most of the
times, if not every time I log out. So I close it before I log out.

This has also happened with kontact and dolphin, but only seldomly.

> Info about my rig.  AMD 64, Gentoo Linux and "Platform Version 4.6.2".
> I got that last bit off one of the about KDE boxes.  If you need more
> info, let me know.

Same here. A difference to your setup is that my session is not being auto-
saved, I sometimes save the session manually, and back up my .kde4
directory, as the sssion often got messed up in the past.

	Wonko