[kde-linux] Re: Kpatience not closing correctly when logging out.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:52:55 UTC 2011

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 24 April 2011 03:55:30 Dale wrote:
>
>> Dale wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think some developers are on this list as well so I wanted to post
>>> here first.  When I logout of KDE 4.6.2 and Kpatience is open, I get a
>>> error that it closed unexpectingly and it doesn't logout until I click
>>> close on the error box.  I usually am around long enough to click it
>>> but sometimes I logout as I am walking off.  This causes me to be
>>> logged in until I get back.  It appears Kpatience thinks it has
>>> crashed instead of just being closed out.  I know this was the case
>>> since 4.6 came out but I think it did it in 4.5 as well.  That has
>>> been a while so I'm not positive.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or something else?
>>>
>>> Info about my rig.  AMD 64, Gentoo Linux and "Platform Version
>>> 4.6.2".  I got that last bit off one of the about KDE boxes.  If you
>>> need more info, let me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> :-)  :-)
>>>
>> No one else has this problem?  Anyone know of some config that might
>> cause such a problem?  I have already recompiled Kpatience with no change.
>>
>> Open to ideas.  It still does it.  I logged out earlier today and it did
>> it again.
>>

> I use Kpatience almost daily, on Fedora 14, KDE 4.6.2, 32-bit, but I always
> close it down before logging out, as I do all other applications..  Since your
> status is always saved by Kpatience I see no reason to leave it open.  It
> works for me.  Perhaps it just appeals to my "tidy mind" :-)
>
> Anne

Most everything I have autosaves anyway so I just logout and expect KDE
to close any open apps.  It used to work fine but it started giving the
error several upgrades back.  I thought it would be fixed by now tho.

When I close Kaptience, it doesn't save anything but the stats.  It
starts a new game when I restart it.  I think it has always been that
way tho.  Maybe I need to switch back to Pysol.  :/   See if KDE can
close it without giving me a error.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)