[kde-linux] Re: Dolphin is a trap

Wolfgang Mueller wm at ariannuccia.de
Sun Apr 17 15:31:22 UTC 2011

On 04/17/11 16:35, Stefano Crocco wrote:

> On Sunday 17 April 2011 16:26:31 Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
>>
>> I run kde4 under Suse 11.4.
>>
>> My attempts to introduce a space in Dolphin where I can write the
>> address of a file (analogous to that for the URL in a browser) failed
>> completely. But unfortunately I removed all the toolbars.
>> [...]
>
> You should be able to show the toolbars by using the Settings/Toolbars shown
> or the Settings/Configure Toolbars menu entries. If this doesn't work, try
> deleting .kde4/share/apps/dolphin/dolphinui.rc (note that this will cause some
> other dolphin settings, such as custom keyboard shortcuts, to be lost).

Since the Menu bar, i.e. the bar containing

              "File Edit View Go Tools Settings Help"

had also been destroyed, I had no other chance than destroying
dolphinui.rc. This helped immediately - thank you very much!

Now I still have the problem to create a line where I can write the
address of a file (similar to that for the URL in a browser). Such a
line is necessary for specifying hidden files, i.e. those whose name
begin with a dot. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang