[kde-linux] Re: 24 hour format

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu Apr 14 15:00:32 UTC 2011

Wolfgang Mueller writes:

> On 04/14/11 15:25, David Jarvie wrote:

> > You should actually be running the KDE system settings application,
> > which you can find in the main KDE menu, not kcontrol. You don't need
> > to look in the file system to set the clock format.
>
> Could you please tell me where to find the main KDE menu you mentioned.
>
> Here is what I did so far for finding it:
>
> I opened the Kickoff Application Launcher and typed "kde" after
> "Search:". As a result I got the following list:
>
> Arc
> Dolphin
> ExpoBlending'
> File Manager - Super User Mode
> Find Files/Folders
> K3b
> KAdressBook
> KCalc
> KCharSelect
> KDE Groupware Wizzard
> KDE Performance
> and a lot of entries more.
>
> Anyway there is no "main KDE menu" in this list. Obviously Suse keeps
> that secret. Do you have an idea where to find it?

There should be an entry _somewhere_ in the menu at the left of the panel. I
also cannot find it in the application part of the K menu I have there, but
it's already a favorite, so I see it directly when I open the K menu. SuSE
organizes this stuff in a different way, but I don't have a current SuSE
installation.
Anyway, the binary is called 'systemsettings', you can start it from any
shell. Unless SuSE changed that, too. Or open krunner (Alt-F2), and enter
'systemsettings' there.

	Wonko