[kde-linux] Re: Panel widgets alwais to the left

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Apr 13 15:48:29 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 22:45:24 you wrote:
> But back to the issue:  How do I put widgets for my favorites on the
> bottom bar?  Most of them are not even in the KDE Menu system and
> don't have plasmoids AFAIK.

I suppose you are asking how to put icons for programs which are _not_
plasmoids in the panel, right ?
and yes, this took me awahile to figure out:
you must first create the widget in a 'folder view', which is the
folder 'Desktop', usually.
then open that folder in dolphin, from there you can copy widgets to the
panel.
more than uninuitive, IMHO.

werner
p.s.:
grieves like that, plus the darn slowness of kde4 on poorly supported
(graphics-) hardware have driven me back to kde 3.5.12.
luckily, there is http://www.trinitydesktop.org/ which keeps kde 3.5 alive on
debian based distros, at least.