[kde-linux] KOrganizer

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 15 22:07:32 UTC 2010

  On 09/15/10 05:05, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 Sep 2010 12:02:42 James Tyrer wrote:
>>    I am now up to 4.5.1 and I find that KOrganizer simply doesn't work.
>> I can not figure out how to add an appointment to it.
>>
>> Any theories?
> It's working here, though slow, so I guess it's the usuall checks -
> permissions, etc.  I assume you are not using KDEPIM2, though?  If you have
> set KOrganizer to be Akonadi-controlled in KDEPIM1 it won't work.  Take it out
> (using Akonadi Configuration) and set it up in the old way.  HTH
No, Anne, you just don't seem to be able to be helpful.  I have no idea
what KDEPIM1 and KDEPIM2 are although I would guess that they are distro
specific (names for RPMs perhaps) since they are not listed for the
source code.  Distro specific information for one distro isn't going to
be any help for a person using a different distro, is it?

You did not say where to set KOrganizer to be Akondi controlled.
Perhaps that information would be helpful.  Since SystemSettings was
GNOMEized, I had not yet found the Akondi configuration KCM either.

I never had to do any setup for KOrganizer before, so I don't know what
the old way is.  It appears that Akondi failed to find my calender file
despite the fact that it is in the same place that it was for KDE-4.4.
I suppose that that is a bug.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch