[kde-linux] Re: What distro has most recent Krita?

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:30:05 UTC 2010

On Friday 15 October 2010 14:33:44 John Culleton wrote:

> > John Culleton wrote:
> > > No, I am not going to reinstall KDE-Office just to get the latest
> > > krita available. I would rather just install a new distro
> > > somewhwere. It is less work.

> Yes, Gentoo is the exception that proves the rule. I was thinking of
> Debian unstable, or Suse etc.  At this point no distro is likely to
> have 2.3 but 2.2 would help.

openSuse 11.3 has Krita 2.2.2 in the KDE 4.5 repository.  Your easiest route
is to use the KDE Live CD or KDE Reloaded CD from
http://home.kde.org/~kdelive/ which comes with all the 4.5 repos configured.
You can use this in a VM or as a live cd/usb, or plain old install it.

And if you really want 2.3, then that should also be in an OBS playground
repository somewhere (labelled as v2.2.82), see
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=krita&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_filter=home%3A&exclude_debug=true

John.