[kde-linux] KnetworkManager doesn't work since 3.5

iberlynx iberlynx at lavabit.com
Mon Nov 22 01:50:20 UTC 2010

Obviously a typo, or I wouldn't be talking about a _recent_ update, lol

I meant 5.3, or to be more clear 4.5.3.

So as previously stated, my pressing question is:

After updated to 5.3 and the systray changed appearance knetworkmanager never appeared again, if I start it manually with alt+F2 it just says it's already running and asks me if I want it to start automatically at startup.

If I  try running nm-applet it does nothing except saying that there's an instance already running.

The fact is that in both these situations ps aux tells me that there are no networkmanager client running just networkmanager itself.

How am I going to get knetworkmanager to run ever again??