[kde-linux] KnetworkManager doesn't work since 3.5

iberlynx iberlynx at lavabit.com
Sun Nov 7 16:23:28 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I have a really annoying problem, just before the 3.5 update (using 3.4.something) I had finally gotten knetworkmanager to work by messing with some permissions somewhere, the important thing is it _was_ working fine.

After updated to 3.5 and the systray changed appearance knetworkmanager never appeared again, if I start it manually with alt+F2 it just says it's already running and asks me if I want it to start automatically at startup.

If I  try running nm-applet it does nothing except saying that there's an instance already running.

The fact is that in both these situations ps aux tells me that there are _no_ _networkmanager_ _client_ running just networkmanager itself.

How am I going to get knetworkmanager to run ever again?? Because lately I've been back to relying on the good old wicd.

Thanks for any help in advance.