[kde-linux] How can I restore the icons?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:18:59 UTC 2010

Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> I run KDE 3 under SuSE 10.2.
>
> Unfortunately I removed the window (or whatever it is called)
> containing the icons specified in ~/Desktop.
>
> Is there any possibility to restore this window or do I have
> to reinstall kde?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Wolfgang

I have copied them from a different user and just change the permissions
if needed.  The owner should be the name of the user and the group is
"users" on mine.

If you don't have a second account, it may be a good idea.  You can test
if something is fishy by using a fairly virgin account sometimes or copy
settings from it.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)