[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings. (2)

Mike Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Tue Mar 30 15:55:05 UTC 2010

On 3/29/2010 9:35 PM, James Tyrer wrote:

> It would appear that starting System Settings as root is a rather large
> hoop.  But, you miss the point.  What I am trying to do is get setting
> the date and time with authentication working.  I would still like for
> someone to confirm that the: "Apply" button doesn't activate properly
> when trying to change the timezone.

I can confirm this one specific behavior, at least, is present on my
Gentoo system:

When launched as normal user, switching time zones in the list does not
cause the Apply button to enable; switching the date or time does.

I can't confirm any of the other behavior because my Date/Time control
panel applet is broken in other ways that appear unrelated to this
particular discussion.

--Mike