[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings. (2)

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 03:52:45 UTC 2010

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> On Sunday 28 March 2010 18:15:20 Dale wrote:
>

>>   When I need to change a setting
>> that requires me to be root, I go to settings:/ in Konqueror and then
>> navigate my way around to where I need to go to edit the configs.
>>
> Hi Dale,
> I managed it to make Konqueror start as root. OK. But could you perhaps
> explain a little deeper, where the "settings" are ? As an example, where could
> I change time and timezone ? I cannot find them.
> Thanks,
> Edgar

Sure thing.  Here is a link:

settings:/general/computer-administration

It is harder to find things in there since it is not really a GUI type
thing.  I sort of have to dig around myself.  After a bit, I realized it
is the same as the desktop version just in text.

That should take you to the date & time settings tho.  Maybe you can get
your clock and such set at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)