[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings. (2)

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 28 21:50:10 UTC 2010

On 03/28/10 10:40, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 28 March 2010 16:57:08 James Tyrer wrote:
>> Having ferreted out some additional information, I have made some
>> progress.  I still need a bit of help from people that installed from
>> binaries to determine if things are bugs or configuration issues.
>>
>> Note to AW, please do not just say that it works.  That does not help --
>> I need very specific information.
>>
> I gave you the specific information that it works for me when I run
> systemsettings as root.

But, that isn't what I wanted to know, was it?  I want to know how, or
if, it works when you run System Settings as a user account.

>> The remaining issues is that although I can change the timezone in
>> "System Settings :: General ->  Date&  Time", if I attempt to only change
>> the timezone, when I select a different timezone in the "Time Zone" tab,
>> the "Apply" button does not activate -- it remains grayed out.
>>
>> If you don't have this problem, could you please tell me the distro and
>> release that you are using for KDE-4.4.
>
> Are you saying that it is still greyed out if you run systemsettings as root?

It wasn't really what I am saying (I was concerned about it working for
a user account using authentication), but yes, it stays grayed out if I
am running as root too.  This is only when trying to set only the
timezone.  It works if I change the date or time (which I don't normally
do since I have NTP running).

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch