[kde-linux] No Systemsounds

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Mar 19 10:03:34 UTC 2010

Anne Wilson posted on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:43:59 +0000 as excerpted:

> Other than that, open alsamixer in konsole, and check that all channels
> are properly set.  If you are using pulseaudio you need to specifically
> look at the sound card - there's a prompt for it, and I think F6 is the
> keybinding.

Indeed.  One of the tricky things about alsa is that by default, it starts
with everything muted.  So if someone's been running it with saved
settings and it had been just working, but those settings get killed
somehow, alsa will return to muted by default, and there's been more than
one person fooled by that into thinking sound wasn't working at all.