[kde-linux] Akonadi and PostgreSQL

occam at internode.on.net occam at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 17 00:47:53 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 11:30:50 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2010-03-16, Kevin Kempter wrote:

> > > This happens to me every time I reboot my Arch partition. However, I
> > > found an easy workaround: logout (from the KDE session) and login
> > > again.

> > Sorry I mis-typed. The correct path is this:
> >
> > System Settings

> >        --> Akonadi Configuration
> >
> >             --> Akonadi Server Configuration
>
> Or try this in a shell
>
> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

This works!

However, a new user does not get the akonadi item in system settings, and
removal (renaming) of ~/.local/share/akonadi directory did not work either.
But, I did not reboot, just did the logout - login to KDE.

Anyhow, I now have a way of configuring the akonadi server in a simple way.
Thanks!