[kde-linux] JPEG 7 vs KDE-4.4 (DLL HELL comes to Linux?)

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 13 14:48:44 UTC 2010

James Tyrer wrote:

> I appear to have found the problem.  Qt did not properly relink the JPEG
> plugin.  So, a: "make clean", "make", & "make install" appears to have
> fixed the problem.  II(now)RC, I read somewhere that one shouldn't
> depend on the Qt build system of properly rebuilding when library
> versions are updated.

One final note to anyone that comes across this later.  KDE-4.4 stuff
also calls: "libjpeg.so.*" directly without going through Qt which I did
not consider and which was the cause of a great deal of confusion.  So,
what I needed to do after upgrading JPEG was to see that both Qt and my
KDE-4.4 BRANCH tree rebuilt correctly.  Obviously although I did the
rebuilds, it didn't work automatically.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch