[kde-linux] desktop/workspace keyboard bindings question

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Mar 5 04:38:18 UTC 2010

George R Goffe posted on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:04:28 -0800 as excerpted:

> I'm trying to set alt-down to lower a widget and alt-up to raise a
> widget but don't see anything that allows me to do that. I'm running
> kde-4.4 on a fedora core 12 system.

AFAIK, you can't set a hotkey to lower a widget.  There's a place to set a
hotkey to bring it to focus, but I think you just switch to something else
to bring it forward and kill the focus on the widget.

Now, it IS possible to set both desktop and dashboard hotkeys, and I
believe those toggle, but those aren't single widgets but the whole set on
the desktop/dashboard.