[kde-linux] KDE 4.2.4

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 19:41:13 UTC 2010

> I just upgraded my Linux installation to Slackware 13.0, which incorporates
> KDE 4.2.4.
>
> My previous installation was Slackware 12.2, which incorporated KDE 3.5.10.
>
> I am dismayed to find KDE 4.2.4 running very s-l-o-w.
>
> It's the same computer that I was running KDE 3.5.10 on.  It has 2 GB of RAM
> and a broadband cable internet connection.  I'm just running that standard
> desktop apps, but they are running much slower than 3.5.10 ran.
>
> Can someone advise me on how to fix this?
>
>   Thanks&  Best Regards,
>
> Vwaju

Try this.  Go to the System Setting thingy, under the General tab click
on Appearance then make sure you are under Style on the left.  On the
right, click on the tab Fine Tuning.  Then in the screen adjust the
Graphical Effects from whatever it is to High Display Resolution and Low
CPU.  Mine was set to a faster CPU and that was slowing me down a LOT.
I have a AMD 2500+ here.

Maybe that will help you some.  You may want to try another setting such
the Low Display Resolution and Low CPU as well.  Your mileage may vary.
Just test to find what suites you best.

Dale

:-)  :-)