[kde-linux] Alternate money symbols

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Mar 1 21:44:22 UTC 2010

The system is running openSuSE v11.1 and KDE v3.5.

Normally, I have the KDE Keyboard tool set for US English, but I also type
in Hebrew and some left-to-right languages. The only currency symbol I am
able to made is "$", but I would like to be able to type the euro symbol
into text in any language, and the sheqel symbol into Hebrew text. I do
not know how to do this.

I see that there are semi-clear instructions for the euro symbol in the
Control Center; I have not got them to work for me, nor have I been
successful in using any of the recipes that I have found on the 'Net.

I would like also to be able to use the degree symbol occasionally, and
some others from time to time but, although it is easy to find the Unicode
codes for them, I find no way to get the keyboard to produce the
corresponding symbols.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on