[kde-linux] The MP4 that ate Amarok

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jun 27 06:38:41 UTC 2010

On Sunday, 2010-06-27, Ryan Rix wrote:

[snip]

> So, judging by this, I'd say that either Qt is to blame, or the class
> KPixmapCache, which has been rewritten in KDE 4.5, since, well, it's a mess
> :)

My take would be Thread 5, it is in some decoder call (all others are in a
kernel sys call and look ok to me).

Which ultimately means that any player using the same decoder library would
have crashed.
Since the Phonon backend used here seems to be Xine, I suggest playing the
file in Xine and verifying that it crashes as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring