[kde-linux] Resetting digital clock in panel to 24 hour format?

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:08:22 UTC 2010

On Saturday 26 Jun 2010 09:06:31 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Saturday 26 June 2010 09:50:20 Thomas Taylor wrote:
> > Hi Folks;
> >
> > Is there a way to reset the digital clock display on the panel to use 24
> > hour notation?  I've tried right clicking it but couldn't find anything
> > there to reset it.  Nor did I find anything in Start > Configure Desktop
> > > Computer Administration > Date & Time where the digital display is in
> > 24 hour format under the analog clock.
> >
> > Not an earth shaking problem, just an annoyance.  When playing around in
> > an earlier version of KDE, I was able to accomplish it by setting
> > language to British english as I recall bit I'd prefer US english due to
> > spelling diferences.
> >
> > Thanks, Tom
>
> I hadn't noticed that this setting isn't in the context menu anymore. I'm
> guessing it's System Settings/Regional & Language/Time & Dates/Time Format.
> Not tested as I didn't want to restart the desktop.

Yes, the Plasma clock takes the time format from the locale format as set in
System Settings/Regional & Language/Time & Dates/Time Format.  Use the drop-
down combo to choose format HH:MM:SS

Setting time format at a clock level is a popular wish in bko, I do have a
patch for it but it goes with some other config changes that need more work.
It will probably make SC 4.6.

John.